Extra Help Employee Guidelines
- Acceptance of an Extra Help appointment does not guarantee permanent employment at the University.
- Extra Help employees are not eligible for benefits, paid holidays, and do not earn vacation/sick time.
- Employee may seek an Extra Help appointment in a different position after thirty (30) calendar days have elapsed from the date of termination from their previous appointment.
- Hiring Managers should monitor their employee's hours on a biweekly basis.
HIRING Temporary /Extra Help Personnel- NEW EMPLOYEE
There are times when you may need to hire employees for a temporary period or for a particular short-term project.
This could include:
- Additional/temporary help needed during peak departmental periods.
- Special projects with a clearly-defined beginning and end date.
- Temporarily filling in for a staff position.
- Temporarily filling in for an employee who is on a short term leave ( less than 9 months)
- Hiring temporary staff on an event-only basis.
Policy for Hiring Extra Help http://www.hr.uic.edu/hiring/hiring_extrahelp/
EXTRA HELP REQUISITION
ENDING A CURRENT EMPLOYEE'S EXTRA HELP APPOINTMENT
Click here to download form for ending an Extra Help current employee
LIST ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS
Click here for the list of accepted documents
Click here for Health Questions
EXTRA HELP HIRING PROCESS
Click here for Extra Help hiring process